Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bull or bear..we make money (and eat Ramen)!!!

$$$ when fiction and realities collide $$$

I saw them stepped out from the showroom. Saw the expressions of the shop manager..happy, of course! I guess he just pushed out some of his Ferraris from the log..let it be Red, Red or Red (to you who bought Ferrari other than the red ones..wake up! Ferrari is red and red is Ferrari, foo..). Good..market is good, business is good and everybody is happy. Who said it's a zero sum game anyway???

...

So there I was..passing the showroom after the bonus day. The day that most car dealers..I meant fine car dealers had been anticipating for the whole year. The day when they can clear most of the inventories. The day when they can start calculating their own bonuses. The day..well..a great day indeed. Anyway, I passed it this time and stepped into the next ramen shop (dudes, don't laugh..ramen is very tasty..and this shop with its best ramen feels like riding a Ferrari in the highway between Tokyo and Niigata..well..maybe not exactly like that..hehe).

...

I cleared the last piece of chasuu down with a sip of mugicha. Huahh..nothing's better than some pieces of juicy chasuu, boiled eggs, and seaweeds floating on the top of men covered with hot tonkotsu soup. I knew..I knew it would be a tough afternooon..to stay awake and playing around with those Excel modellings. Anyway, it surely gave some peace of mind..*blurrrppppp* "Gochisou sama desu!"

...

"Yo..what's up with the slip, dude? I didn't see you paying a visit to the dealer.." said Chris while he pulled a chair and sank his size 40 ass down. "It's good, buddy..it's good..no worries about it, I'm just having other thoughts in my mind. How about yours?" "Never been better..haha!!! Dude, I've already placed my order to get that 200 sqm apartment down in Aoyama. I'm going to meet my agent and Shinsei people for taking care the payment this weekend. Hey, what's your plan anyway???" "Hehe..nothing's special this year. I'm just gonna get the bike and put some dough into the pension fund." "Pension? Yeah right..you mean into some chicks' accounts that we met in Muse before? haha.." "Haha..fuck no..you know I ain't that fool..I just want to be wiser with the dough now..you know..what comes around goes around". "Yeah, wuteva..I'm going to Tully's for some caffeine..want some?" "Nah, Chris..cheers"..

...

The afternoon went pretty faster than what I expected. There were some funds flowing from Eastern Europe and Middle East busying some OTC stuffs while getting some chunks from Mothers as well. Hmm..interesting. What's going on over there??? I checked Bloomberg and some news sites but couldn't find any special reasons of the flow. Ah..maybe some underground barons just channeling their moneys out of the region..another laundering activities? Who knows..

...

Shit..it's already 8 and I'm still stuck with all these reconciliations. Argh..I wish Tomoko was here..I'm sure she can handle these things faster than me. Anyway..I'm sure she's been enjoying herself in Italy I guess..backpacking with some of her classmates in university. Yeah..that's better than dealing with this stupid system. Come on..another 15 minutes..and let's get to Shibuya..

...

As expected..I was late to the party. It's been started since 8..and the crowd already turning into some form of intellectual degraded. I saw some of Derivatives traders over the bar corner..sipping down tequilas down like no tomorrow. I looked across and as usual "The Subzero" has started his own Blackjack table. .hehe..what a guy. After some "hi"s, I walked over to the bar. "Johnny my man..how are you doing tonight? How's the crowd treating you, buddy?" "Yo, Nick! Been a while, eh!! Never mind the crowd..you know them..hehe. So, as usual?" "Nah..I need to be sober in the morning..just give me Jack D on the rock..make it double..cheers!"

...

1.55 AM. I guess I'm still sober though my eyes got so dry due to some mofos next to me smoking cigars. Shit..thinking of my 9 o'clock appointment in the morning I feel that I need to make my move and call it for the night. After saying bye to some dudes that still busy hitting on some Race Queens *bastard! hahaha* I walked out the cave.

...

"NICK! Is that you???"

*3 seconds paused..silent on my head while Prodigy still shouting "Smack by Bitch Up" on the background*

Sounds familiar. I looked back..and upppsss...seems like I have to call my agent and reschedule the appointment.. :-)

...

*to be continued*

No comments: