Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ignorance is a Blessing v2

|when fiction and realities collide|

We decided to hop into a cab and went to get yakitori on one of the stalls under the railway tracks in Ginza. Nobody was talking while we're on the way as each one of us was too busy playing with our own imagination. I only heard Erick saying something like "Ginza, onegaishimasu" and the driver replied back with pissed off tone as the distance is not that far while there were four of us already inside the car. Anyway..I got swept with my own thinking right away..first, of course, thinking about those hot tebasaki and crispy nankotsu and after I swallowed the thought, my mind back to the wandering of what would happen in just 2 weeks from now..

...

In about 10 minutes, we arrived at that infamous street and as we paid the fare..the oyaji taxi driver said something that I couldn't really catch but surely it felt rude. As I was the last one that got out from the taxi, I really wanted to slam the door but..yeah..the fact that it has automatic door kind of stopping me from doing so. What if the door kicked me back? Haha..oh well..so much hate for a fare of less than 1,500 yen...

...

It wasn't too crowded (with drunken salariman) in the weekend. We got into the "yakitori stall" that located in the middle..kind of a good spot to see others and guessing about what their life stories are like. As I looked around, I saw a table full with familiar faces..wait..aren't they...haha, what a nice surprise! They were the make up artists that helping us during the last event that we organized in Autumn '08. "Heyyyyy..hisashiburi! Minna genki?" Me and the guys stopped by at their table and chatted for a while. I found out that the leader now is doing his own business..running a production house specializing in exporting Japanese pop culture to Asia Pacific. Or something like that.

...

We finished the supper around 2PM and though some ideas of going to club were thrown out, each one of us finally thought that it's better to just go home. Yeah..been crazy crazy days..12-14 hours at office and then continued with another 3-4 hours working on the plan at home..almost everyday for the last 2 months. I guess everyone was actually missing the comfort of their pillows and beds. After saying few "osu"es, we splitted. I took the last cab and as I was sitting on the backseat..I reached for my iphone and checking my inbox. Hmm..junk..junk..junk..wait, hmm..this one looks interesting, let me opened it. "Congratulations, Mr. Thompson, you've just won 1 million USD from our charity sweepstakes!" Fuck..super junk! Then I remembered one email that I received in the morning. I read that email again which ended with "Nick, call me when you have time ne ;)" Hmm..I have time now, should I call her? Hah. Whatever.


..in memory of the times when things were super fast yet feeling so slow..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?