Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nothing is New Under The Sun - pt.2

-when fiction and realities collide-

...however, I guess the real battle takes place in our mind. I guess it's useless to keep searching for answers to such question. Besides, most of the time it is when we're comfortable that we don't feel the presence of any danger in our lives. So, yes, I need to keep on moving for I know that I should not worry or fear anything in this life.

...

I called my friend who works for one of the biggest oil and gas companies in Indonesia, the company which I think its color is still pretty light greyish..not like other similar companies that already almost as black as its traded commodities. I wanted him to get me in touch with some local experts as I need to get information that not just obvious. I wanted to go underneath the iceberg and learn how to see through the multiple layers of those rubbish data that coming from those rogue brokers.

Nick: "Halo, bos Eko. Piye kabare? Can we talk now?"
Eko: "Eh, bos Nick. Baik, bos..iya, bisa..ada apa nih?"
Nick: "Lu bisa kenalin gue ke ahli energy di Jakarta? Gue butuh info cepet dan gue bisa terbang besok malem ke Jakarta kalo lu bisa setup meetingnya."
Eko: "Wah, bos..buru2 amat. Hmm..gue cari dulu yah. I'll update you in an hour, ok?"
Nick: "Cool, man. Appreciated...matur nuwun yo."
Eko: "No worries, buddy. Talk to you in an hour, bye."
Nick: "Thanks, bye."

...

Eko. A native Javanese that I met during my undergraduate time in Bandung. We weren't that close during first couple years as he was more in the circle of rich kids while I was more in the proletariat group. Then, as his father's business went burst due to the financial crisis, he couldn't cope anymore with the lifestyle around him. From driving a nice BMW M3, he was forced to adjust into taking public transportation. As a result, well..you know...he lost some of his "friends". However, he handled the situation pretty well and soon joined my circle. Since then, we had passed some good and bad moments..and still be good friend until now. He's been succesful in his career and as he has excellent interpersonal skills, he's been one of our connectors anytime we need to get access. Good guy, indeed.

...

I saw my cellphone was buzzing..I looked at my watch.. 14.05..hmm, must be Eko. +62-816-... yup, it's him.

Nick: "Halo?"
Eko: "Moshi-moshi, Nick-san..hehe. On time, kan? Anyway, I've got a good news for you. I think I've found what you're looking for. You want the details now or later?"
Nick: "Thanks, can we go through the details later? Also, can I meet him the day after tomorrow?"
Eko: "Hmm..what do you think? Yes, of course!!! Lu lupa lagi ngomong sama siapa nih, bro? Haha.."
Nick: "Haha..sorry man..didn't mean to. OK..boleh gue minta lu kirim detailnya mengenai itu orang dan kapan dimana meetingnya? I'll get my stuffs ready and be flying tomorrow."
Eko: "Sip. OK, man..abis ini gue kirim and I'll see you tomorrow night. Hotel Mulia, right?"
Nick: "Yup. Thank you banget man...I'll bring you a bottle of Niigata sake..hehe."
Eko: "Ah, santai aja. OK..have a safe trip."
Nick: "Thanks, bye now."

...

Well well...I'm going back home I guess. Definitely not for pleasure but it's much better than sitting down here and go through those stupid reports. Jakarta! Kucium kemacetanmu besok!

..to be continued..

No comments: