Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine

|when fiction and realities collide|

I woke up to the sound of rain and wind knocking all over my windows. Huahhm..only 6.09 in the morning..and it's Saturday. What a week I had. Last night I couldn't stand it anymore and went home straight after work. It was only around 8PM when I got home and as far as I remember I fell asleep right away around 9-ish. I didn't want to wake up yet but somehow I couldn't sleep more. So I decided to keep lying on my bed while my mind wandering..thinking about all the things that happened this week..

Workwise..it was totally a heavy week. Indeed, with sudden additional responsibilities to bear, I got pulled into countless meetings in very short time. Have no idea what it will lead me to but I guess it's good thing to know that I'm still busy and have paycheck at the end of the day. Anyway..the show must go on and this work can still support me until the day comes. Ahh..let's think about something else..it's too early in the morning and please..let me enjoy my weekend.

...

As I turned on the heater, my mind got flying into that PCM and Four Seasons "incident". It's not that I never got into such kind of situation but this one was just different. I mean..come on..slipping a paper into my pocket without I had any slightest idea when it happened? Dude, I thought it would only happen in a movie! Haha. Oh..I know..some of you must have said,"it's because you were drunk, fool!"..yeah, whatever.

I actually made her confessed how she did it..hehe. She said that she used to learn card tricks from her uncle when she was still in elementary school and as she grew up..clearly, she improvised the techniques for many other purposes. After she told me the story, I challenged her to play some poker games to see if she was just bs-ing or not. Guess what..after few games, she was the one who laughing and gigling..bah.

Somehow our conversation turned to be about our favorite movies..especially its soundtrack and quotes. I started with the easiest one.."Okay.."you had me at hello" wa?" She made funny face and said "booo..too easy! Come on, Nick..be more creative!" "Haha..just answer it, girl..don't pretend that you know!" "Ahh..tsumaranai..Jerry Maguire..what else?" "Hehe..well, it's either you know or you don't, right..ok..your turn, babe." "Hah! Call me babe not, Nicky-chan.." she said that while giving me a punch to my left arm. "Hahaha..angry girl! Come on, your turn." "Ok..since you started with silly romantic line..try this.." Erika paused for a while then stared at my eyes..and started saying..

Outside it may be raining
but here it's entertaining
Outside things may be tragic
but in here we feel it's magic


Then she was quiet but still looking straight to my eyes. What!? I was...speechless. Those are the lines from Moulin Rouge...the lines that I usually chanted during rainy days in Yoyogi Park! Somehow I got butterfly in stomach..a result of lack of sleep, too much chivas, a cup of Indocafe and hearing those lines from this beautiful girl. I hushed away the feeling..put a smile and then said:

Here we are now entertain us..

We kept looking at each other and then..we burst into laughter. "Moulin Rouge! Yeayy..1-1! Can't you give something harder? Kyakyakya" She was just laughing while holding her pillow. "Hey, Nick..I think you should be getting ready for work. Go home and change your clothes, ok. You don't want your colleagues think that you're an alcoholic, right? I also need to get ready and catching my limousine bus." "Haha..you give up ne! Sure sure..but before that, here is the last one..guess..

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs

After I said that..I think I just saw the most beautiful rainy morning sunshine in Tokyo when she said "what's wrong with that, Nick.."

...

I'm still at my bed..I think it must be already around 8AM. Huahhm...was it a sweet memories or was I dreaming? I wondered what Erika doing now there in SF. Must be a nice winter afternoon there. Anyway..let's rise and shine..got many things to do today. Selamat pagi, dunia!


Notes:
Tsumaranai = boring
Selamat pagi, dunia = Good morning, world

1 comment:

Nadherna Indonezia said...

omigodd.. you make me TERLALU PENASARAN!!!!
hahahaa.. come onnnn!LANJUTKAN!!