Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nothing is New Under The Sun - pt.3

-->when fiction and realities collide<--

"No, you can't go. In fact, we may need you to lead the Project Orange as Kim-san's last day will be from next Thursday. So, why don't you pass over your stuffs to Kitano-san? I'm sure he can build the relationship with Matsumoto-san as well." said Mr. Philip to me. I was so shocked..what? I couldn't believe what I just heard. "Boss..what's going on? You know I can't just hand it over this project to Kitano-san. I've been working very hard on this one..building all the relationship, carrying on any necessary investigation, delivering you all the analysis..in fact, I've been pouring all my energy into it. It's my baby! Please, boss..did I screw up or what? Please let me know." I tried to put down everything on the table..I still couldn't understand..well, f* that..I don't want to understand anyway. "Well...Nick, it's a change in priority. Yes, I know you've been doing very well..however, we need you on the Project Orange more than this energy project. Now, will you excuse me, I have a meeting with FSA in 15 minutes. Oh..and make sure you provide all the documentation before you leave the office today. Understand?" I felt the tone has stiffen and seemed like there's no use for me to carry on the arguments. "Yes, sir..wakarimashita."

...

Right after I left my boss' office, I told my colleague that I'm going to post office downstair. I went outside and pulled my blackberry to give Eko a call. It's still 8 in Jakarta so I guessed he must be still around Semanggi.

Nick: "'Ko, I'm sorry man...gue ga bisa dateng..gue kena politik kantor nih kayaknya. Tiba2 gue dicabut dari proyek ini dan dilempar ke proyek lain. Bangsa*!!!"
Eko: "Lho, dab? Kok iso ngono? Yang bener nih kowe rak dadhi teko?"
Nick: "Iya bener..gue baru aja dikasih tau ama bos gue. Sorry berat nih man..padahal feeling gue dah ok bener setelah gue baca profile yang lu kasih kemarin. Gue minta tolong lah..say sorry ama tu orang tapi ngga usah bilang gue dicabut dari proyek ini, bilang aja gue tiba-tiba ada meeting sama regulator. Let's not close the door yet..."
Eko: "OK, man..no problem. I'll handle that part...just don't get stressed out there, will ya? You know you can always visit Hiromi-chan..wahaha..
Nick: "Wahaha..itu mah sama aja tambah pusing kepala. Anyway, thanks, man..appreciated. Gue masih yakin ini rejeki kita lah. Alright..talk to you later, bye."
Eko: "Sip..take care bro. Bye"

...

I'm confused. Angry. All that I've prepared..now it's taken away in just a glimpse. I looked up to the sky...it's cloudy..yappari, kumori da. Demo..ore zettai mada akiramenai..mada mada desu yo?! Surely, I'll find my way back in..surely..

No comments: