Sunday, July 1, 2007

What? Golden Week?

!when fiction and realities collide!

"Remember, son, nobody says it's gonna be an easy one. We live in a tough world". This piece of conversation I had with my old man long time ago flashed in my mind as I was sitting inside the cab tonight. Exactly..I totally agree with that of course, especially during this kind of time..almost midnight and just got out from the office with my brain fried all the way.

...

Anyway, tonight the route was quite empty..well, I guess it's just the midweek syndrome. The cab driver asked me whether it's ok to go through Shibuya and I just said yes (didn't really care though..just take me home). "Hai, wakarimashita!" said the driver back to me. As soon as he said that, I got back to my wandering mind..my portfolio position..broken dates..bills bills bills..beers beers beers..golf tournament proposal..next project..and Golden week plan(s).

...

Ahh..Golden week. A week that I think most people in Japan are looking forward to. A week of holidays. A week of travelling or spend time together with family and the loved ones. A week to contemplate. And for me..it will be a week of...hmmm..I don't really know except that I may have to come to work as there's no golden week outside Japan..and people in New York don't give a damn with it. Which means..business as usual. I know that I have to utilize it for the good of my CFA preparation..but..let's see.

...

Hold on. I recalled Jane's phone call last week..

"Hey, Nick..we're going to Kamakura on the beginning of Golden week. Care to join?"

"Sounds interesting..so we as who?"

"Well, my fiancee, his cousin, and some people from my dept."

Hmm..Jane's dept..that means the PR dept of Livedoor..should be interesting, but I need to know more.

"OK, go on..what's the plan will be?"

"Just chilling out at my fiance's villa next to the beach..u know, just to get away for a while from this hectic Tokyo life, Nick."

"OK, please put my name ya..I need to confirm first with my Boss about the schedule. As soon as I find it out, I'll let you know."

"OK, Nick."

"Cheers, Jane".

Well..well..well..seems like I'm going to skip those CFA stuffs again..hehe..

...

*to be continued*

No comments: