Sunday, July 1, 2007

A lil' bit of this..a lil' bit of that..

*when fiction and realities collide*

..

"I got accepted to a graduate school.." she said to me while picking up deal tickets from the terminal. "That's great! Which one you got in?" I asked her while still staring at the Bloomberg monitors. "I'll tell you later.." What??? I felt something different in her tone. I looked back but too late..she's already on her way to the settlement corner. Hmm..something's not right here, buddy..

..

Another hour passed by..11.45 A.M. Damn.. my stomach already knocking my nerves but all these transactions still pending. Suddenly I heard a mellow voice behind my back. "Issho ni lunch ikimasen ka?" Fumiko! One of the smartest traders on the floor..what a nice surprise. I turned my chair around and asked her back with playful eyes. "Futari de?" She said "Of course, dear..would you like to?" Bang! Bang! There I saw smile of the day! "Well..why not. Ima desu ka?" "Onegai..."

..

By 12 we got into the 36th floor in Maru Biru. As I thought so..it's damn packed. I know that it's not really a good idea to have lunch by noon as the crowds go at the same time. But..how can I say no to that sweet "onegai" word??? Luckily, we could get a good seat in The Casablanca..the corner one next to the window facing Tokyo station..not bad.

..

"Nicholas.." she said slowly while puffing her cigarette. I was still looking at people walking down in the street when I started to feel her eyes staring at me. "Yes, Fumiko...nani?" She looked away and sighed. "I'm bored with Tokyo, Nick...would you accompany me travelling to Guam next month? I need a partner.."

Whatttt the f... ????

..

*to be continued*

No comments: