Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Magical Dance of Life

|when fiction and realities collide|

"Otsukaresama desu." I looked up and replied shortly.. "Good night". I walked slowly, heading back to my desk. It was already 10PM and I was the only one in my team that still staying in the office. As I sat down and logged in to my Lotus Notes, I couldn't help but thinking what actually I was doing here. I quickly scanned through those email subjects and decided to call it enough for the day.

...

"Hello, Nick. What's up with that look?" the bartender teased me while throwing her lovely smile. "Just another one too many long day, dear. Can I have .." "Gin tonic, sure, Nick..haha. Are you sure you don't want something stronger?" "Wish I can..wish I can..ahh what the heck, just give me a tequila shot..happy?" "As long as you're happy, Nick" she said back to me with a wink. I took down the shot and started to look around. Same old view..strangers talking to strangers, trying to win each other "love" for the night and if no love should be found, then just move on to another stranger until they find their love of the night. Is it Cupid that playing around or will he be crying seeing such situation? Hah..wtf..who cares, right?

...

I walked toward the big glass window and looked outside. Tokyo in the night time from 52nd floor. It's an amazing view of artificial lights, indeed. Suddenly I felt a presence next to me..and I heard a deep voice saying "We're at party with some of the hottest girls in the world and we're staring at a bunch of fucking lights. What the fuck, Nick?" Haha..Lei is here. "What's up, yo Lei? I see that you've been practicing on every dialogues from Entourage, eh? A perfect line you had there, Mr. Gold..haha." "Cut the crap, Nick..I see that you're in vain. You wanna roll some dices? Surely winning some chips will make you're happier..jya nai?" "That depends..on who will be our companion?" "Like I said..there are so many hot chicks here, why you worry that much? Just make sure you keep having combination of aces, kings and all the fucking pictures on your hand. Let's go, mate!" "Ah..fuck it, let's go!"

...

One hour later since the conversation with Lei..we're already busy at an illegal den inside one of the apartment buildings where all proud expat lives in Tokyo. Yeah..you know what I'm talking about..the area where the residents called themselves as part of "The Tribe". Whatever. Anyway, I got a pretty good game tonight despite after having such a long meaningless day at the office. I think I'm already up by about 100man..not bad at all, until we got some assholes joining our table. Those aholes were just ruining the night..never saw their faces before and they were just so fucking urusai with some annoying attitudes. As usual, it's always tourist who can't really respect the environment. As I saw Lei already close to his explosive state, I gave a sign to him to get out. He was a bit hesitant and still holding his glass like wanting to crash it to their heads. So, I winked his girl to drag him out which apparently worked out..haha. We cashed in and stepped out with the girls.

...

"So, Nick..what's next? Don't tell me you want to go for ramen now." "Actually, I do want a bowl of ramen, Lei. But first..let me make a phone call." "Damn it. It's only 3 in the morning..night still young, mate!" "Trust me..I'll take you all to the best ramen..hehe." I reached for my cellphone, looked up the number and start dialing. "Yo, buddy..this is Nick. Is any of the car free now? Yeah? Cool..we're in front of Tsutaya, can you pick us up? Nice, thanks!" Lei was a bit confused and asked "Did you just call a taxi? We can just get a taxi over there yo. Are we going to the ramen shop in Ebisu?" "Shut up, Lei. You asked too many questions..haha." After waiting for about 15 minutes..a black Hummer limousine is approaching and stopped in front of us. The driver stepped down from the car and asked "Nick-san desu ka?" I was laughing and pull my girl up from her seat "Hai, sou desu. Let's go guys!" "Whoa..I didn't know you're calling a limo service..where are we going, Nick?" "Ahh..can't you stop asking questions for tonight? You'll thank me for this."

...

About 1 hour later, we arrived at Kamakura. We made a stop at a konbini nearby the beach to get some cup ramen and coffee cans..haha. I told Lei "You know what, fucker..if we can enjoy watching artificial lights from a room filled with smokes and smells of alcohol..seeing sunrise and having simple things like cup noodle and cold coffee can is surely much more than that. Agree?" No answer. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Lei already busy making out with one of the girls that joining us from the den. Haha..

...

I was just sitting down on the sand, holding one of the girls from behind while waiting for the sunrise to come up. Then, as the sunrise slowly showing her face..I felt so much joy in my heart. The combination of yellow, orange, and red lights blended with blue color of the sea..dark sand and smell of fresh air slowly getting into my senses..the love of mother nature..the love from the Almighty. Suddenly I felt so small and slowly as the ray of lights sweeping my face, my cheeks getting warmer as some drops of tears started to run down..

Oh, Lord..please forgive me, please give me wisdom and the strength to carry on. Thank you for all the blessings you've given..


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well written! Excellent Scene transition!

Anonymous said...

too much personal emotion here! haha..
good one bro...i need more..

Andy Laver Sirait said...

Hi Dan, thanks for the compliment! and for you Mr. Gold..hang in there, more to come!