Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reality Check pt 0.5

@@when fiction and realities collide@@

I woke up to the sound of raindrops knocking my windows. As I reached for my cellphone to see the time, I found out that it's still 4.28 in the morning. "Great..". Argh..I hate to be awaken up like this. I closed my eyes and tried to get some more sleep..but, my mind came back to what happened yesterday at the office. "..we need you for another project.." Damn it..oh come on, can't I have some peace of mind..at least for just some good hours in the morning?

...

Finally I woke up again around 6.30. When I looked outside the window..gosh, I could see that the wind had been blowing so strong. I guess what was a cloudy day yesterday turned out to be an all night long rain and by looking at the tickness of the clouds..seemed like it would be raining the whole day as well. Hmmmmmm...Friday and rainy..what a perfect day to call a sick leave..hehehe. Who cares about Project Orange Juice anyway..

...

I spent the rest of the morning by following all the news feed I got about the market. Did some analysis on how Yahoo was trying to fight Microsoft's bid, trying to guess what BoJ will do under the proposed "new" leadership and how the market will react to it. Then, as I checked some interesting job postings on FT Thursday edition..I got bored already. It's around 11 and I'm getting hungry. Though the weather is terrible out there, definitely I'm not in the mood for any bento lunch in my messy room. I don't mind embrace the rain but it's too sabishii to eat alone. Wait..maybe Kei-chan available for lunch around here. Not a bad idea at all..let me send a message to her cellphone and see what's she up to. Click click click..message sent.

...

Aha. My guess was right. Kei-chan was actually not coming to work too and we ended up having lunch together at a pasta place in Shinbashi. We had some interesting conversations on both work and personal life. While we're waiting for our deserts to come, I asked Kei whether she knew any interesting event tonight. She said that she's not so sure but she heard something about a party that's gonna be thrown out by one of ex-traders from her company.

Kei-chan: "I heard that Tomi-san is throwing a party at ALife tonight. If you have no plan, why don't we check it out?"
Nick: "Who is Tomi-san? Do you think I know him?"
Kei-chan: "Not so sure whether you know him or not..but he was one of the emerging market traders in my company."
Nick: "Oh, really? Then what happened? He got sacked?"
Kei-chan: "I don't think so. He left the company right after the bonus day. I heard he's doing some business by himself now and also sometime organizing parties. It's kinda surprising coz we all thought that he was a quite calm guy..we never knew that he's such a party animal."
Nick: "Wait a minute..did you say he was into emerging market before?"
Kei-chan: "Yep..why?"
Nick: "I used to know a Japanese trader whose name also Tomi..but he was with a Japanese bank before..and as far as I can remember he was a quite conservative guy."
Kei-chan: "That could be him..coz I think he was from Mizuho before Bear."
Nick: "Interesting...hey, let's go there tonight. What time should we meet?"
Kei-chan: "How about 11? I'll have dinner with my girlfriends so I'll go there after that."
Nick: "Lovely! Bring your girlfriends too! haha.."
Kei-chan: "Haha..let me see if they want to come along and meet the infamous Nick-san."

...

We finished our lunch around 2 and then we separated as Kei-chan had appointment with her nail salon. I went straight back to home..and the first thing I did was checking my Rolodex. Somehow I was a bit curious about this Tomi guy..because if it's him then he must be that Japanese Hawaiian guy who went backpacking for about 2 months across Indonesia. Could it be him? If so, must be very interesting to find out about his story...let's see tonight...

to be continued..

No comments: