Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reality Check pt 3/4

@@when fiction and realities collide@@

I arrived in front of ALife around 10.55 and gave Kei-chan a call before I stepped out the cab. She said that she's still on her way so I told her that I would wait for her outside.

...

As I was waiting for her, I looked around the entrance. Well well..a hip place on Friday night, "good looking" people lining up and trying to look cool and gorgeous. To see and be seen..*yaaawnnnn*..a one too many similar scenes I've seen in my life. It's already ages ago when I had my first step into the night life..a journey that started way back to the time when I was still a high school student in Yogyakarta. Hmm..what's the name of the place again..was it Crazy Horse or Papillon? Ah, whatever..I don't even think it exists anymore. You know..back then, I didn't even smoke or drink and really all I wanted was to show off my "disco" skill under the mirror balls. Haha..such a memory, isn't it?

...

Kei arrived about 15 minutes later and she was with two of her girlfriends. "Gomen ne, Nick..we couldn't get taxi right away" said Kei to me after she gave me a hug. "By the way, this is Jane and Yumi..girls, this is Nick." "That's alright. Hello, I'm Nick..pleasure to meet you." After some blah blah introduction, I asked them to get inside. As Kei already had the invitation, we could cut the line and passed the bouncers. It's about 11.20 and as it's kind of a private party, there were already some crowds inside. Alright, let the ball rolling..

...

I actually found some of my acquaintances and recognized some familiar faces inside. I think, right now majority of the crowds are dudes from financial industry *yawnnnnnn* and as the music wasn't played too loud I could hear some of them already started bragging in front of some girls. Boring money talks. Then, I remember that the reason I came was to meet the guy..to see whether he's that person I know or not. So, I wanted to ask Kei if she already saw him or not but I saw Kei-chan was busy talking with her friends. Ahh..night is still young anyway..I guess I should just get a drink.

...

As I walked back from the bar with a gin tonic on my hand, I saw Kei-chan was talking with a guy. She waved at me and asking me to come. Hmm..that dude looks familiar, I think that's the guy..Tomi-san.

Kei-chan: "Nick, this is the organizer I told you before..Tomi-san."
Nick: "Hi, I'm Nick..nice party. By the way, we met before right? About 2 years ago?"
Tomi: "Hi, Nick..thanks. Yes, I think so. You're from Indonesia, right?"
Nick: "Yes! Cool..hisashiburi desu ne! How are you doing, man?! I still remember about your story when you're in Papua! Haha.."
Tomi: "Hahaha..I remember you too, man! You're the one who got chased by some angry mobs in Yogya, right! Dude, where have you been! Welcome to my party!"

I began to feel that it's going to be a fun night..I believe I'm about to hear a great turnaround story pretty soon..nice..

to be continued..

No comments: