Saturday, May 17, 2008

Golden Week - The Balancing Act 1

@@when fiction and realities collide@@

GW. Golden Week. The time that I used to spend for going somewhere, either domestic or overseas. This year..somehow I felt like my will of travelling were being beaten down, not by work, well..you know, the market is not that bubbly anyway, but by myself. I did get some invitations from my friends to come aboard with them..some were going to Macau to practice card counting (and losing money with feeling being thrilled and entertained), others were planning to go to Okinawa with some "aidoru" that they met during a gokon in Ebisu, and some other tempting invitations. But, I wasn't tempted..not even gave it a thought. I bluntly turned down each invitation and when they asked why I simply said that I had something else on my mind.

Which I didn't.

...

So, here I am..at the beginning of GW, sitting alone in my apartment..staring at my workstations with no plan. Hey..don't laugh..don't you know that no plan sometimes is the best plan in the corporation world? Of course, the big boys have cleverly rephrased it into some management buzzwords..the question mark on BCG's matrix, "stay put", "pro status quo", whatever. I don't know..it's just that I feel that there should be something else more than this. Or perhaps less complicated than going to popular tourist destinations...

...

Hmm. Something simple yet meaningful. Perhaps.. it's time to pay a visit the school again. The place where things are pretty much pure (at least the surrounding mountains and its rice fields) and where people put all their efforts to get their "Initial D". The Initial Dream. Alright, my soul..let's go show tomorrow..and for now..good night..



to be continued..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.