Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back to The Lab Again

..::when fiction and realities collide::..

My Reuter's Messenger was blinking and as I saw the chat box it was Keiko who was beeping.
Keiko: "Ohayo, Nick (^_^)" uh uh..it's only 10ish and she had time to chat?
Nick: "Ohayo, Kei-chan..doushita no?"
Keiko: "Iya..betsu ni yo..just want to drop you some lines..hihi"
Nick: "You're not busy? I thought that market has started to move again since yesterday.."
Keiko: "Ummm..yes, market is getting busier..but not for us here..actually, the trading floor is almost empty now..you know...we can't get into any trade since the bailout.. (>_<)"
Nick:
"Eeee...sou desu ka?! I didn't know that...sorry to hear about it. So what you're gonna do then?"
Keiko: "Ah Nick-san..it's ok..perhaps it's time for me to take a break. You know..do something that I really want to do.."
Nick: "Which is? :-P"
Keiko: "Nick! Don't be so mean yo...work and money is not everything for me. I think I'll go back to my hometown, spend some time with my parents..you know, I haven't really been with them for a while now. We'll see what's next then..."

...

After that chat session, I heard some similar news from other friends as well..which meant the job market would be soon filled with many many people and most likely quite senior ranks. Suddenly, it has became a game of "survival"..though not so long ago it was a game of "greed is good". Don't get me wrong..it's not about survival in term of money..oh no..they must have already amassed some pots of gold..you name it: hot property, sports car, alpha funds, whatever..the survival here is about adjusting their lifestyle. "Retire young and rich" is just an overused campaign...yes, you can be young and rich..but then retire from what? Some can do it but definitely some can't stop when it's all they can do and (supposingly to be) good at.

...

I was on my way back home when I saw a half moon in the sky. For most of us, we will say that it's when only half of its disk is illuminated while some hardcore positive thinkers may say that it's a phase before the moon will be fully illuminated. They say it's all about our mindset..the thinking process. Ouch. I want to sleep now.

No comments: